Description of Services
1. Postpartum doula* service
Do you need extra support immediately after giving birth? Are you looking for help and information on how to breastfeed and care for your newborn baby? A postpartum doula is an expert on caring for the newborn baby who supports families with infants up to three months of age.
Specific services include:
- Newborn care (e.g. swaddling, bathing, feeding)
- Support breastfeeding and provide information on lactation
- Play with older siblings while the mother rests
- Take care of the newborn baby(ies) while the mother spends time with the older sibling(s)
- Preparation of light meals and snacks
- Assistance with light household and grocery shopping
- Referral to medical professionals if needed
Postpartum doula service DOES NOT include:
- Medical consultations
- Lactation consultation is separate from postpartum doula service
- Heavy household such as cleaning bathrooms and mopping the floor
- Babysitting while the primary caretakers are away
- Driving for any member of the family
If you are interested in my postpartum doula services, please read the steps we can take to ensure a smooth transition:
< Prior to birth: One to two in-home consultations >
- Meet to talk about my services and answer questions
(approximately 20-30 minutes, typically done at the convenience of your home);
- Meet the immediate members of your family , provide general breastfeeding tips and advice
(this is not a full breastfeeding class);
< After birth >
- Notify me via phone or email of the birth of your baby and we will set the date for my first visit to your home.
- I will begin postpartum doula services
*Doula means “woman’s friend” or “woman who serves” in Greek
Note: Currently, my services are limited to Menlo Park, Palo Alto, and Redwood City.
2. Breastfeeding class for expectant couples
This class is for expectant couple(s) who want to learn more about breastfeeding before the baby is born. The class covers information on how to breastfeed, introduction to different positions, what to expect during the first weeks of the life of your newborn baby(ies), steps you can take to increase milk supply, and more. It is recommended for mothers and her partner during the second and third trimester of pregnancy.
Content of the class
Positioning the baby, latching on the breast, understanding feeding cues, frequency of feedings, introduction to common problems and solutions, how to pump and store breast milk. We will role play using baby dolls.
I am happy to cater the class to your needs. Please let me know in advance what topics you would like to cover, so that I can modify my class to your needs.
Time, Location and Price
This service is done at the convenience of your own home. The mother’s partner and other members of your family (e.g. grandparents, nanny, etc.) are welcomed to join. The price is $150 for a 2.5 hour course. You can also take this class with your friends who are also expecting their baby(ies). The price is the same for up to 3 couples (max of 6 adults).
Copyright 2014-2020, Rumiko Kawaguchi, All right reserved
phone: (650) 549-5228 email: firstname.lastname@example.org